Monday, October 4, 2010

Yes, I Am Inconsistent

So, if you're looking at the post count on this blog, you'll see that, as of this entry, there were just shy of 900 posts. That's 900 posts since mid-May, when I began actually posting to this blog. This activity is primarily thanks to linking-in content from other sites I post to. As such, it doesn't represent all of the my various postings during that time period.
Those numbers aside, there are days when I just want to delete myself and all traces of my existence. However, I force myself not to because I know that I'd come to regret such a move. Part of what drives me to post is that I doubt my own execptional memory. I figure that, at least if I can go back to this (and other sites I've posted to), I can verify that my memories are genuine.

Why this concern? Well, I've always seemed to have a memory that far exceeds my peers - both in shear volume and level of detail. When things are that far from the norm, it creates doubt about how genuine things are.So, at least if I have my memories logged online, I can always go back and verify, "yes, that did happen and wasn't all just some kind of fabrication."

It probably doesn't help me that my mom's side of the family has a heavy incidence of dementia. So, I'm also sort of afraid that if I don't do this, eventually the vast memory-scape I have will go to nothing and I'll have no way of "getting it back".

Besides, if the whole whole Caprica thing about recomposing people from their online presences ever works out, I just might be one of the few immortals from my generation. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment