Thursday, October 7, 2010

Isn't That Convenient

I give: how can prosecuters ask to suppress the results of lie-detector test? I mean, I can understand if the defendant said, "I'm gonna prove my innocence by hiring some schmuck to give me a lie-detector test," and then handed you the (presumably rigged) results "proving" innocence. What I don't get is, if you initiated or had any part in having the test taken, then how can you say "we should throw that out because it doesn't prove my point."

I mean, it's nice being on the side of law enforcement. The government has, essentially, unlimited resources to throw at getting a conviction. And, if the guys on your team do something sketchy (or downright wrong), they'll all cover for each other.

The guy on the other end of the criminal law apparatus? Well, he's ok if he's rich, famous or both.

But, in the end, how can you take an already stacked desk and demand that it be stacked further?

No comments:

Post a Comment