Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Right Meat for the Right Job

I really don't get what's so fucking hard about understanding the application differences between a ribeye and a flank steak. WTF?

Donna, however, seems to have some kind of mental block on the subject. I mean, if you're making a steak salad, use some kind of lean cut of meat. It's even a decent idea to use a tougher cut, since you'll be slicing it thin, any way, to put through the salad. So, a good flank steak or flatiron cut (or even a strip steak) would be ideal. Don't tell me you've put everything together for steak salad, then present me with a thawed ribeye. I love a good ribeye, but, seriously: that's a standalone steak. It's the kind of steak you have as the main dish and serve sides with. It's not the cut that you obscure as just one element of a larger dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment