Friday, July 30, 2010

Get Me To Buy

Since the RIAA started their scorched-earth campaign in the Napster era, I've made it a personal policy to avoid doing things that will put any more money in their pockets. Sadly, this means that I very rarely buy music any more. It disturbs me, greatly, to think that spending money on music I like and on a band I want to support will result in money going to the RIAA. Worse, in most cases, if I buy music through legit channels, more of that money will go to the RIAA than to the artists I actually want it to go to.

I think that, if bands would start putting on their pages "not studio-affiliated: no proceeds go to RIAA", I'd purchase more music online. Of course, that assumes that such statements are true and not just a ploy to get me to buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment