Friday, February 17, 2012

Inspired Advertising

I've said it before, I'm sure I'll say it again: if more advertising were well-conceived, fewer people, myself included, would have problems being advertised to. Yes, I get that we all have different tastes and that few attempts to sell will work universally well - but then, that's what the various targeted-advertising engines (like Google and FaceBook) are supposed to help advertisers do. The advertisers just gotta keep up their end of the deal by actually making an effort to reach us beyond just shoveling any old steaming pile of shit in front of us and saying, "eat."

At any rate, found this one Australian college's commercial online, recently. It's wicked funny, if a bit gross:


While I'm happy with the school I went to, I don't think I'll ever see my alma mater advertising itself like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment