Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Funny How That Works

Every so often, I receive emails, like the following, from Verizon:
Dear Customer,


On, or after, March 15 2012, Funimation (channel 262) and Bridges TV (channel 278) will be removed from the FiOS TV® lineup and you will no longer be able to view this content.


This programming has been discontinued due to very low viewership and the continued effort of Verizon to offer our customers the most popular channels while keeping our rates reasonable.


We appreciate your loyalty to Verizon FiOS TV and apologize for any inconvenience.


Remember that you can access the most current local TV line-up 24 hours a day/7 days a week at verizon.com/fiostvchannels.


Thank you for choosing Verizon.


Sincerely,


Verizon
I have yet to receive an email such as this telling me that they are increasing the number of free/included channels I have.

I guess I can expect to see even more "VOD" channels showing up in my channel guide. Verizon FiOS has been absolutely awesome about winnowing down our included channels ...and replacing them with their Video On Demand channels (and, how "on demand" is it when you have to wait for a show's start time??).

Fuck you, Verizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment