Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Banking Fail

US Bank's online mortgage payment processor/partner's payment system is full of lossage and utter fail. Of course, I'm spoiled. Previously, I'd used GMAC's system for paying my mortgage. It was decently linked into my main bank's account-tracking system (my main bank wrote the loan and sold it to GMAC). One would think that, given the integration of prior mortgages, US Bank would be similarly hooked-in. Notsomuch. Worse, US Bank's mortgage site uses an external payment process to handle the stuff. So, not only do I not have my mortgage balance shown in my main banking dashboard, but when I go to manage it via US Bank's web site, I'm shunted off to yet ANOTHER financial services company's site. To add insult to injury, that company's web forms are hideously broken. You try to punch in that you want to put an extra $200 on your principal payment, and, instead, it registers it as $2000. Ugh. And it takes a lot of dinking around with their form to make sure that the values you wanted to put into the extras are all correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment