Saturday, July 24, 2010

Euthanasia and Insurance

I know it probably wasn't long enough ago to say, "I still remember," but... I still remember when the scare-mongers were trying to argue that Obama-care would result in death panels and euthanasia. Whatever. Made good headlines, I suppose.

Me? I'm more worried that, when the time comes that I won't be able to see to my own disposition; that I won't be able to choose the time and manner of my own ending. One hopes that by the time I'm ready, we'll have progressed enough as a society to make allowances for dignified deaths. Hell, given what keeping codgers warehoused while they wait to die costs, one would almost hope that one could get insurance to assist you in setting up a proper exit. I mean, no matter how elaborate, I gotta think that a clean exit would be cheaper to finance than years of care in a nursing home.

No comments:

Post a Comment