Tuesday, October 26, 2010

So You Got Stopped...

It really always makes me wonder what the point of getting pissed at a cop that just pulled you over is (note that I'm assuming the cop was courteous and professional during the encounter). For things like traffic violations, it's not that the cop is picking on you, it's that you did something they could site you for. You did something stupid - either out of poor habits, lack of knowledge, distraction or inattentiveness. The point is, you did something citable.

Overall, I just don't get being pissed at a cop because he nailed you for being stupid. Be mad at yourself, for being stupid.

Mostly, I don't get what the point of wasting the time yelling at the cop is. It's not going to get you out of the ticket. It's really only going to waste time that you could otherwise be using elsewhere. I got better things to do than waste my time trying to convince a cop not to cite me.

No comments:

Post a Comment