Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why I Love DC Traffic (Probably a Continuing Series)

Depending which route I take, my office is about 15 miles' driving distance from my house (eleven as the crow flies). It used to be, I'd hop on I-95 at the Telegraph Rd. interchange and hop off at the Merrifield/US-50 exit. Unfortunagely, VDOT's in the middle of fucking up my life with several projects in that area. What used to be about 25 minutes, end-to-end, became a 90+ minute drive. So, I switched to an "over land" route. It's actualy a little more than a mile shorter distance traveled. This route generally takes me just shy of an hour, most mornings (10-20 minutes just to get more than 2mi from my house; 10-20 to cover the last two miles to my office).

This is why I'm glad that I can generally telecommute. I could probably do so nearly every day, but, it's good to get at least two days of "yes, I'm still alive and working here: don't steal my desk" time at the office each week.

Fortunately, the trip home, most evenings, I can take the highway route and it only takes 30-40 minutes, on average (again, with the two miles closest my house and office taking the bulk of the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment