Sunday, July 25, 2010

Strange Things Seen While Walking About

Yesterday, after getting back from the farmers' market, Donna still needed a few things from the store for the next few nights' dinners. Chief among these was oil for deep-frying the okra. So, off we went into the 100+ degrees of actual heat (heat index in the 110s). We walked over to Shopper's Food Warehouse. It's a little more than 1mi. walk, round-trip.

The walk was uneventful. Hot as balls, but uneventful. Took a brisk pace to Shopper's, got our stuff and made for home. On the way home, though, I saw what would be the epitome of confusion. Well, I'm sure it would have been the epitome of confusion, but it's equally as likely that what I saw simply wasn't aware of the inherent confusion. At any rate, what I saw was a latino, waiting for a bus, dressed in a Redskins jersey and a Cowboys baseball cap. I'm assuming that he has no real knowlege of either team or their relationships to each other, thus, my assertion that he likely wasn't aware of the inherent confusion presented by his mode of dress.

Who knows, maybe I'm underestimating and the guy was trying to make a statement of irony and lighten the wiltingly-hot day of everyone he ran into. I mean, it is kind of hard to think that anyone living in the DC area wouldn't know the Cowboys/Redskins thing.

/me shrugs

No comments:

Post a Comment